Why you need this:
Heat loss steals energy needed to heal. Infrared provides warmth with no light.
AviTemp ceramic heat elements are designed to heat without producing light. They are ideal for outdoor aviaries or large indoor spaces such as porches, sun rooms, garages, etc.
AviTemp heat elements produce radiant heat but are totally dark and do not disturb day/night cycles. Made of ceramic, like coffee mugs, they will not shatter if splashed and will last many times longer than glass heat lamps.
AviTemp heat elements are ideal for sheltered outdoor locations and poorly heated porches, garages, basements, etc. The heat elements are to be used in a porcelain-socket reflector that directs the radiant heat.The heat element is very hot and must be located outside of cages or otherwise protected from contact with birds or their caretakers.
- AviTemp heat elements are completely dark so that normal sleep cycles are preserved.
- AviTemp elements can be used outdoors if protected against rain and snow.
- These are screw-in infrared elements that are a must for all bird lovers.
- With one of these elements and a ceramic-based reflector/lamp holder (do NOT use in metal sockets), you can also create an instant hospital cage.
- Ceramic heat elements have no delicate filaments and will last up to 4 times longer than glass heat bulbs.
- Highly efficient, they produce even infrared radiant heat. Glass heat bulbs may waste up to 25% of their energy as light.
Directions for use:
100 Watt bulb use a minimum 10-12 inches away from cage. Do not use inside cage.
Caution: Use ONLY with sockets that have a CERAMIC base and are rated to handle 100 Watts or more wattage. (Do NOT use in metal sockets)
Ceramic elements get very hot! Wait at least 30 minutes before unscrewing from a socket. Make sure that the element and holder ate mounted securely to prevent knockover.
Excellent for Terrariums, Hospital Cages, Outdoor Enclosures and Aviaries